I love me some Rihanna but the red hair?? ehhh NO
I question it too much… sometimes I like it
Sometimes I dont
I hate it :/
most of the time
I hate that feeling I get right before its my turn to hit the runway
but I love the feeling I get right before I get to shake my ass on stage
that will be all
He wants me to visit him when he goes to atl
i hope he know he is paying for my ticket
momma aint raise no fool!
Dont ever open a woman’s bag
who knows what we have in it
respect our space
who knows test your luck
and one day a bullet might hop out
On my way to a ghetto shower and im the freaking host
ima be around hoodrats alll night
pray for me :(
So my blackberry refuses to turn on…
I think im having a sickle cell crisis..
and too many hours have passes since I last spoke to my baby
this day sucks :(
Even after I told him Im going to sleep he still insists to call me :)
Just to hear my voice…
Loving this attention :)
My BIG brother was B.I.G’S brother
Used to be Dame and B.I.G’S brother
Who was Hip Hop brother, who was no I.D friend
No I.D my mentor,Now let the story BEGIN
This is what will be in my head for the rest of the day.
How do I expect the male population to stop lying to me, if I cant even stop lying to myself…
I’m a professional fronter…
but this time around Im trying to subtract the crazy girlfriend and add the girl with the “IDGAF” attitude!
it’s working a little…
and the fact that I have a boo on the side helps :)
I need to accept the fact that Im so crazy about you that no matter what wrong you do I’m going to always take you back.
For now at least
I’m not quite over you :/
- NUDE BONNIE: What inspired you to become a designer?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: I have always adored fashion. I grew up with two very fashionable parents. It's one of those things that just comes natural to me I suppose.
- NUDE BONNIE: Where did the name for your clothing line come from?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: NIKERA translates to "Nikki's Era" Nikki is my childhood nickname. I wanted to create my own lane, my own era within the industry. So there you go! *lol*
- NUDE BONNIE: What is does fashion mean to you?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Individuality
- NUDE BONNIE: Who are your favorite designers?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Michael Kors, Tory Burch, Marc Jacobs, L.A.M.B
- NUDE BONNIE: What was the inspiration for this seasons line?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Music. I was on stage performing with this collection. I just wanted it to be fun and dope. The same feeling you get as an Artist in the studio or during rehearsal before a big performance.
- NUDE BONNIE: What was the first article of clothing you ever designed?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: A dress. It was yellow and orange. One shoulder party dress. It was really a test to see if I could actually do it. It was everyone's favorite. From that moment on, I knew I could rock in the fashion industry and survive.
- NUDE BONNIE: Where can readers buy your clothes/jewelry?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: On our official website www.nikeraclothingonline.com
- NUDE BONNIE: What matters to you most as a fashion designer?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Being myself. I try not to look at other collections by other designers. I dont like to be inspired by my peers when it comes to design. I have a habit of going back to vintage eras to find inspiration and direction.
- NUDE BONNIE: How do you prepare for a fashion shoot or show?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: You really cant be 100% prepared. Things are moving so fast and change very quickly. You just have to follow your heart and just do what you know deep down you are good at. Once you are on location, that's what your team is relying on. I honestly just go with the flow of things and try to adapt to changes being made. If you ask anyone who has worked with me, I am very quiet and layed back during shoots and shows. It is really a realm for my team to perform and show their talent. I try to stay out of the way. LOL.
- NUDE BONNIE: What advice do you have for aspiring fashion designers?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Take business classes! You have to know and understand the business side of fashion. It is not all about sketching and making pretty garments. You must know this industry inside and out in order to truly succeed. Designing is easy. Walking into a conference room full of people to brief them on your business plan and marketing and branding strategy is when the the work comes in. Too many designers are stuck in the realm of design. Their brands don’t flourish because they have no idea how to market, brand, or sell their companies.
- NUDE BONNIE: How would you define your personal style?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Modern and edgy. I usually come pretty classic with a pop of something edgy like a pair of crazy heels, bag, jewelry, or shades. I'm a big fan of accessories. I like effortless style.
- NUDE BONNIE: How do you feel about the current state of the fashion industry?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: I think the industry is over saturated with young people looking for quick fame. There is so much more to fashion. It's not about shows, red carpets, invites, and open bars.
- NUDE BONNIE: What are your favorite fabrics to work with and why?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Cotton. You can do almost anything with it and it loves the human body.
- NUDE BONNIE: How do upcoming artists go about becoming the face of your company?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Since our style and designs change each collection, so does the Artists we recruit. It just depends on the flow of the collection. Some collections require a Pop Artist, some Hip Hop or Rock. We honestly choose once the samples have been made. We look for Artists who have great music, a strong following, and are making moves and being productive at all times. We find them, they dont find us. We are constantly scouting. No one really knows when we are looking. I feel like an A&R these days.
- NUDE BONNIE: Where are you from?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Lake City, FL Small town west of Jacksonville FL.
- NUDE BONNIE: What schools did you attend?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Columbia High School, Barbizon School of Modeling Tampa FL, and currently taking business classes in FL.
- NUDE BONNIE: What made you want to become a designer?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: I just wanted my clothing company. I wanted to provide jobs for talented individuals who love fashion as much as I do. I wanted to inspire young people and give them hope.
- NUDE BONNIE: Why the fashion and music industry over any other industry?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Indie Artists are ignored, even though they are the backbone behind what keeps music circulating in this world. I wanted to honor them with a platform where they can promote their music and themselves. So I decide to bring them along with me for the ride! Make the face of my collections and allow their music to be our soundtrack for all to hear! Seems to working quite well. :)
- NUDE BONNIE: What have you accomplished so far as a designer?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: I have inspired more people than I have ever inspired in my entire adult life. I have helped more people than ever. This is why I do what I do. It's not about the fame or popularity. I love it when design students look to me for guidance and when they send pics of their first fashion show. I feel like a fashion mommy sometimes. That has been my biggest accomplishment so far. Besides making dope gear and meeting tons of Artists who are extremely talented and humble.
- NUDE BONNIE: What are your favorite colors to work with?
- NIKERA CLOTHING: Anything bright and funky. I like putting prints with solids. I HATE matching! It drives me crazy! So I try to think of the most un conventional color trends and rock with those for the season.
- For all of the juicy updates and free giveaways monthly, Follow us on TWITTER! @NIKERACLOTHING
- Special Thanks to NUDE BONNIE of NYC for such a dope interview! ♥
My pc is giving me problems preventing me to post this amazing interview with @NIKERACLOTHING. Posting is postponed untill monday. :(
todays my Bday !!!! :)
So tumblr friends tomorrow I will be posting my interview with @NIKERACLOTHING
Be on the look out for that
DOPENESS i swear ♥